Tuesday, May 01, 2007

New Orleans next week!

So next week I will be in the fair city of New Orleans and we have already planned a visit to the infamous plot in the "St. Louis Cemetry!"

Infamous plot? NO! I'm not talking Sherlock Holmes! I'm talking that, as a teenager I remember watching the classic movie "Easy Rider" and in particular THAT scene in THAT cemetry! I could be talked into doing a midnight visit?!

Fucked up I know but,...we'll see!

Other places of interest include "Jackson Square", "The French Quarter", "Bourbon St", etc,. And then disappearing into the side streets to hunt down the local spots to hopefully catch some 'Cajun', 'Jazz' & 'Blues', sounds and other 'grassroot' music from down 'South!'

Also planned is a visit to the "Bayou" waterways, a couple of Voodoo priests (no, not the dudes from the movies!), eat bloody good food and avoid the tourists! And enjoy our stay in a very charming French hotel in their quarter.

The only thing is I do have mixed feelings about visiting the areas that were thrashed apart by Hurricane "Katerina?"

Do you go - or do you not? The only thing I definately won't do unless absolutely necessary is take a fucking guide tour!

Is it worth it? No! Will the photographs ever sell? Probably NOT!

But, bollocks, I dunno' - I might just get one shot that makes somebody in the 'ether' or 'real' worlds feel satisfied, happy, justified or curious or pacified!

Will I ever find out?

Maybe.

Do I care?

Not anymore.

Why?

I've had this experience many times before but with film and not RAW files!

But I still shoot!

Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home