Thursday, March 01, 2007

The floating point finishing line & naive thoughts about the web biz!

So we're nearly at the finishing line for the launch of the site!

I'm meeting with my mate Dave (Web-guru!) on the Upper East Side tomorrow afternoon and I just hope it doesn't get ugly!

We're hoping to get the galleries edited down to what we think could possibly sell, along with print sizes, prices and then finally we'll be working on the final look off the home page?

Being a bit of a part-time slacker bastard I'm both nervous & excited about the first infant steps of this so called e-commerce, dot.com business slash personal project! So far I've received quite a few positive comments from my silly blog postings that I must say have given me much needed confidence and spirit!

Thanks to Dave, Erwin, "Bubbles", Melissa, "spock69", "GQue", the entire cast of "ShortBus", Kevin (Washington Heights greatest subway news vendor!), Monica (best coffee in the West Village!) and my long lost Uncle Binky Hetherington!

Business in this day and age is all about dealing with the floating decimal point, the automated order email, the invisible customer base, the robot's request, security codes, your mother's maiden name, copyright laws (Shit! That reminds me!) gambling on margins, opting out on options, killing Arabs to hit the bottom line and getting the internet sated general public to wake up and think outside of the hard drive!

So I'm going to try and make this site as less robotic as possible! You'll just have to put up with my bad spelling, grammar, silly English sense of humor and slacker attitude!

Everyone is already telling me that it's not going to happen but I think it's going to be fun to try and have a few giggles on the way!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home