Thursday, February 22, 2007

Beat this for a boring introduction?!

"Here's a few more shots from our recent trip to Ohio!"

Yes! I wanted to use the most mind numblingly boring, tired and dreadfully tepid introduction I could come up with for these three new photographs! What do you think? Quite outstanding I thought!

Not the pictures! The introduction!

I'm actually hoping that these photographs might one day end up being popular for this website?!
Maybe somebody will buy a print! Maybe one day the galleries will finally open their cyber doors before I shave my hair off?!

Watch this blog for the latest updates!

So the first image was taken on the campus of Ohio State University. I think this building was the gymnasium, day rooms and maybe even a research center? I just liked the reflection of the sunset against the windows and yes it reminded me of that Kate Winslet movie too!



The next shot I took down by the river that er, flows through um, Columbus, Ohio. Maybe it's called the "Columbus" river? No! Probably not! Anyway it was taken with a Canon 20D with a 70mm-200mm F2.8 lens. I just liked the simplicity of the color, contrast and form.




Last but not least! The the final shot was again from the campus of OSU and nobody knows what this building is about! I was going to find out but to be honest who cares! I did slightly over saturate the sky though but it looks "NICE!" And maybe a little Orwellian too? Maybe it could have been used as background scenery in the movie "Gattaca?!"



So it's been a long day. My new job in 'the village' is going good. The commute is a blessing (!) and I know there's not many people in this city that can say that! The weather is starting to warm up. Yankees baseball is right around the corner! Let's see if they can do something in October! Mmmmm, more on that in the summer months!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bubbles said...

Hi Paul,

I just want to say that I love these various shots of these buildings, with the mirrors, natural lights, etc, they are FAB and beautifully captured architechture.

Aside from your passion for photography, you have another talent that you might not recognize in yourself. I really need to express how much I enjoy your writing style - very expressive, flowing, natural, with intelligence & humour. Your personality just oozes out in your words and I experienced this sensation well before our visit to NYC in Jan. :-)

Over the last 4 years, I have grown attached to the novels of many different English writers who are witty & entertaining beyond words and you possess the same qualities.

Paul - have you ever considered the possibility of writing an entertaining novel in your spare time or perhaps a manuscript for a comedy or movie? It might be an idea to consider in your spare time - certainly a lot more fun than ... backing up your photos :) wink wink. I always find myself laughing out loud and looking forward to the next post.

pls give it some serious consideration.

Lise (Bubbles)

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home