Sunday, February 18, 2007

Ohio - 2006.

Apparently the word "Ohio" means "Hello", or "Hi" in Japanese?

My wife told me that this evening just before I started writing this post!

Can anyone else confirm this? Maybe my friend Khat? (He is married to a Japanese lady you know!)

So we enjoyed a great trip to Columbus, Ohio late last year. My wife, Melissa is a "Buckeye!" Born and raised in Columbus and as a mad foreign devil I have absolutely no idea what that actually means?!

I enjoyed a whole week of watching Hi-Def DVD feature films on my father-in-law's brand new 55" Sony TV that has a picture that I cannot even begin to describe! I WANT one!

While my wife Melissa enjoyed shopping, shopping & more shopping!

But getting back to the movies! It's the "Oscars" this week so I'll be posting some very candid thoughts about the event during this coming week! I'm going to have two choices for each catergory - my choice for what "WILL" win and my choice for "WHO & WHAT SHOULD WIN!"

Now back to Columbus, Ohio!

Our trip was in the second week of December and I did also manage to take some photographs with my wife and also hang out with her friends in some cool and up-coming trendy spots in down-town Columbus (or what my wife likes to call "downtown England", as apparently my country fits, geographically (!) into the state of Ohio?!

Ha! Real rib-tickler that one!

So, we meet Jeff & Pablo at "BoMa" - "Bar of Modern art", and this place turns out to be more than a bar!

This place is an ex-church! I'm serious! The whole building used to be a place of holy worship!

We're talking stained glass windows with the best of the biblical cast! There was the 'Virgin Mary", "Peter" and his fishing buddies, a couple of other Apostles that I couldn't recognize (this atheist did suggest to higher management that they get the windows cleaned!) and get this bloody the altar was the DJ booth, they had also turned the choral seating section into 'nose bleed' seats and the 'confession boxes' - erm,..You really don't want the they did with those!

But it was a great joint! Fabulous food, great cocktails, a variety of differently themed bars and to top the lot prices you wouldn't believe!

Anyway, enough banter! Here's a picture from the campus of OSU!

The light reflecting off the window reminded of the film, "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind!"

You too - right?!


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Paul Anthony Lomax said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home