Monday, March 05, 2007

Dave, Bukowski & "Notes on a Scandal"

I had the pleasure of watching two exceptional motion pictures and one extremely bad piece of TV in the last couple of days so please excuse my lack of posting to this still small blog,...!

Let's start with the late night TV show hosted by "Dave" and like you know who I'm talking about right?

Can someone please comment on how this guy got to where he is right now?

How this or 'his' written so called entertainment made it to national TV?
Really ...I'm just bemused! I really 'am!

In my wildest senses I cannot see or believe that people line up in Times Square to watch this guy? I cannot believe a TV network pays this guy millions of dollars for, for what? Really this is the land of entertainment and this "Dave" guy is "IT!"

I've lived in this city for years and have seen subway acts with more intelligence,humor and sincerity!

I should stop here and let you comment! Please I want to hear from all of you!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To recover I watched something with the intellect, honesty and the sincerity of a fallen saint!

The latest documentary on Charles Bukowski!

And boy what a welcome relief that was from you know who?!

I did find it a wee bit depressing but, enlightening at the same time!

Re-discovering my love for a wordsmith who weilded such craft, penning brutal narratives & prose with his acute insight on the pain of human suffering and angst, and then there's always a line that - for me always - makes you smile.

Nothing short than a tortured genius! But he wasn't from the "Bronx" Dave! (Another Dave from NYC who actually has talent!)

-------------------------------------------------

"Notes on a Scandal" - definately worth the $10 just for the acting alone, but also you'll enjoy an intelligent plot structure that uses age, gender, and simple but effective story curves to drive a sharp and well produced picture along, that in its entirety address's a very pertient social situation and more importantly shows another side to the story!

A very timely piece from the United Kingdom! Enjoy!

Good night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home